Focus and Scope
VITRUVIO Journal is an international journal publishing original articles on the architectural technology and sustainability. The aim is to present technical advances as well as innovative methods and applications in order to contribute to the sustainable development through the architecture.
The journal is a resource for sharing innovative researches with an interdisciplinary comparison.
The covered topics are:
- Air, waste, water and soil preservation
- Architectural design
- Architectural Entrepreneurship
- BIM –Building Information Modelling
- Building materials
- Building rehabilitation
- Building technology
- Constructive systems
- Deconstruction and selective demolition
- Fruition of historical heritage
- Heavy and light constructions
- High performance buildings
- Indoor quality
- Life Cycle Assessment
- Local supply chain
- Mitigation of environmental impact
- Prefabricated construction
- Smart cities
- Sustainable building
- Temporary structures
- Urban regeneration
- Urban sustainable environment
- Urban-rural relations
- Use of renewable energies
The topic chosen for the article should be presented considering the focus of the journal: architectural technology and sustainability.
All researchers related to these fields are invited to contribute. The selection of papers complies with the protocols for scientific publication. The peer review is done through a system of referees, experts in the field of research.
The journal is published twice a year and appears in digital version.
This section describes the point of view of experts in the topics related to the journal. Written by the editorial team or an invited author.
|Open Submissions||Indexed||Peer Reviewed|
The peer review will evaluate the coherence with the focus and scope of the journal, the scientific quality, the technical impact and relevance and the presentation.
|Open Submissions||Indexed||Peer Reviewed|
Peer Review Process
Selection and evaluation of manuscripts will be conducted by external peer reviewers, with a double-blind system.
Reviewers will have an active academic profile in the field of research. The stages of the peer review are:
- The Editorial Board will verify the paper respect the focus and scope of the journal and if it can be inserted in one of the topics described. Afterwards the Editorial Board will send the article to two anonymous reviewers’ experts in the field of the paper.
- The valuation report of the reviewers will affect the technical quality, the technical impact and relevance and the presentation.
- The authors will receive an outcome of the evaluation with observations and comments from the reviewers. The outcome of the evaluation will be classified in three options:
- Accepted for publishing
- Accepted for publishing with modifications
- If the accepted paper is written in Italian or Spanish, the author must send an English version of the paper within 15 days after the acceptance. If the English form is incorrect, the Editorial Team will refuse the article.
The whole process described will be conducted through Open Journal System Platform (OJS) of the Universitat Politècnica de València, in the categories of author or reviewer user.
VITRUVIO Journal publishes two issues a year, according to the following planning:
SEMESTER 1: JUNE (VOL.“X” Nº. 1)
SEMESTER 2: DECEMBER (VOL.“X” Nº. 2)
Deadline for submissions: 15.03
Deadline for submissions: 15.09
Articles review: 15.03 - 30.04
Articles review: 15.09 - 31.10
Proofreading: 01.05 - 31.05
Proofreading: 01.11 - 30.11
Edition: 01.06 - 15.06
Edition: 01.12 - 15.12
On-line journal publishing: 16.06 - 30.06
On-line journal publishing: 16.12 - 31.12
Open Access Policy
VITRUVIO Journal provides immediate open access to its content.
The papers will be published only in English.
The first manuscript can be sent in English, Italian or Spanish.
If the first manuscript is accepted by the editorial board and the respective reviewers, the final manuscript must be sent in English.
The final manuscript in English must be sent within 15 days after the acceptance of the first manuscript.
The Editorial Team reserves the right to refuse the article, if the English form is incorrect.
Proposal of reviewers
The authors can propose a reviewer for their contributions, with these requirements:
- the reviewer has to be external to the paper;
- the reviewer does not have previous publications with the author of presented paper;
- the reviewer is not a partner in a research project with the author of the paper, considering the last 3 years.
The potential reviewer can be included in the message body "Comments to the editor" shown during the submission process, indicating the name and the affiliation.
The Editorial team reserves the right to accept or not the received proposal, even when the proposed reviewer meets the listed requirements.
Ethic and best practices
VITRUVIO, in its commitment to ensure ethis and rigor of its content, follows the Declaration ethic and best practice of PoliPapers (service of the Universitat Politècnica de València to promote open editing of scientific electronic journals).
|This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.|