Revista de Teledetección
JCI 2021: 0.17
CiteScore 2021: 1.3
SJR 2021: 0.27
The journal Revista de Teledetección does not have either article submission charges or article processing charges (APCs).
PREPARATION OF MANUSCRIPTS
Original submissions will be trough the platform, this requires registering as an author (first time) or login and accesses the profile of author (if already registered). And start the submission.
1. SCIENTIFIC PAPERS
Scientific papers must be original and unpublished.
The manuscript shall not exceed 25 pages length (DIN-A4) including abstract, figures, tables and references.
Abstract and keywords, both in English and Spanish, are required.
To facilitate the edition process, authors are encouraged to write their manuscripts using this Word template.
The Editorial Board will select the contributions based on their quality and novelty. This will be undertaken in collaboration with experts of the national and international remote sensing scientific community, who will anonymously recommend whether the manuscripts shall be accepted or not, and suggest the required modifications. Once manuscripts are accepted by the Editorial Board, final layout editions will be performed by the Journal Secretariat.
Authors are encouraged to follow these criteria:
• Title in lowercase, except for the first letter. Paper title in English and Spanish.
• Next, authors and affiliations, address, and e-mail of the corresponding author.
• Abstract and keywords (at least 5) in English and Spanish.
• Body text: sections will be numbered, in bold with font size 14. Subsections will be in bold with font size 12.
• Continuous line numbers, from the beginning to the end of the manuscript, are required.
• References, tables, figure captions and figures will be included at the end of the document.
• Citations in the text will be in lowercase (e.g., Fernández, 2006; or Fernández et al., 2005).
• Tables and figures require captions and shall be numbered consecutively, indicating their approximate location in the body text using “Insert Figure XX”. Figures shall be included in the manuscript in tiff or png formats, with proper resolution (300 ppp or higher). Authors must ensure the readability of any text included in the figures. Figures will be reproduced in color in the digital version of the journal, whereas black and white will be used in the printed version. Tables will also be sent in an independent MS Excel file, avoiding the inclusion of figures.
• Authors are discouraged to include footnotes. However, if they are required they will have a continuous numeration. They will be referred in the body text as superscripts.
References shall be included at the end of the body text. Authors must ensure that all the citations are referenced and vice versa. References must be ordered alphabetically by author surname (Family name). Book references have to include the surname of the author or authors, followed by the initials of their first and/or middle names, year, title, publication place, and publisher (Bovik, A.C., 2010. Handbook of image and video processing. New York: Elsevier). Journal papers shall include: Surname, initials of their first and/or middle names, date, Title, journal name in italics, volume, issue in parenthesis, and first and last page (e.g. Benz, U. C., Hofmann, P., Willhauck, G., Lingenfelder, I., Heynen, M., 2004. Multi-resolution, object-oriented fuzzy analysis of remote sensing data for GIS-ready information. ISPRS Journal of Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing, 58(3), 239-258).
2. PRACTICAL CASES
The Journal includes a section to describe practical experiences where remote sensing techniques and technology have been used to develop land and territory management projects, missions, sensors or ground segments. This section aims to show applications of remote sensing in real experiences. These manuscripts will not undergo a standard peer-review process, but their evaluation will be performed by the Editorial Board or other designated persons. The submission format will be the same that the required for the scientific papers, and the references list more concise.
3. BOOK AND SOFTWARE REVIEWS
The Journal accepts critical reviews of books, software or teaching material related to remote sensing methods and applications, in addition to PhD thesis extended abstracts. These submissions must include the full details of the elements reviewed, as well as the authors of the review.
ASSIGNMENT OF RIGHTS
When an article was accepted for publication, RAET journal will ask author submitter a assignment of rights document signed by all authors that appear in it. This document must be sent through online platform following these instructions.
The authors retain the authorship rights and grant the journal the right of first publication, with the work available simultaneously under a license and distribution "Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International" (CC BY-NC-SA 4.0), that allows the work to be shared with third parties and transform, provided that they acknowledge the authorship and the initial publication in this journal. You may not use the material for commercial purposes; and if transform it into a new work you must distribute your contributions under the same license as the original.
This license is from issue 55 (2020), previously articles were pubished under license used by journal in that moment (license that appear in articles pdf's).
It allows authors to spread electronically (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their own website) the published version of his works, as it encourages its circulation and diffusion earliest and thus a possible increase in its citation and scope between the academic community.
JCI 2021: 0.17
CiteScore 2021: 1.3
SJR 2021: 0.27
This journal is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Universitat Politècnica de València
Official Journal of the Spanish Association of Remote Sensing
e-ISSN: 1988-8740 ISSN: 1133-0953 https://doi.org/10.4995/raet